- Atty. Jeff Edison of the National Conference of Black Lawyers.
- Dr. Rita Kiki Edozie, Director of African American and African Studies at Michigan State University in East Lansing.
- Cheick Oumar and Moussa Rimau, two graduate students at MSU from Mali.
- Tachae J. Davis of Workers World Youth Fraction and a student at Macomb Community College.
- Abayomi Azikywe, editor, Pan-African New Wire, and co-founder of the Michigan Emergency Committee Against War & Injustice (MECAWI).
The full conference video may be viewed at Conference on Africa & U.S. Imperialism 2013-05-18.
Africa and U.S. Imperialism: Post-Colonial Crises and the Imperatives of the African Revolution
Five decades since the formation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) while the Pentagon and NATO escalates its war drive on the continent
By Abayomi Azikiwe
Editor, Pan-African News Wire
Note: The following lecture was delivered at the Africa & U.S. Imperialism Conference held in Detroit on May 18, 2013.
May 25, 2013 represents the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), the forerunner of the present African Union which formed in 2002. This conference today is taking place at a critical time within the history of Africa and the Diaspora.